School Site Council Meeting – Regular Meeting 2014-2015
Thursday, December 10, 2014
2:45 p.m. – Room 36
1) Call to Order: Cherie McDermott, Chairperson, called the regular meeting to order at 2:48 p.m.
3) Approval of Minutes: The SSC meeting minutes from November 13, 2014 (the “Minutes“) were received by and reviewed in advance by the SSC members. Chair McDermott noted the following corrections:
Subject to the foregoing corrections, David Rodriguez moved to approve the Minutes and Mark Harelik seconded the approval of the minutes. The motion passed unanimously.
4) Secretary/Parliamentarian: Chairman McDermott explained that Michael Do, as the then current Secretary, would become the current Parliamentarian; and Sue Zabloudil, the then current Parliamentarian, would become the current Secretary. Each of Mr. Do and Ms. Zabloudil accepted the proposal/nomination. The motion passed unanimously.
5) Principal’s Report: Ashley Parker, Principal provided the following report:
Seeing no other questions, Mr. Harelik moved to approve the recommendations of ELAC, Mr. Do seconded the motion and the motion passed unanimous.
Technology. Mr. Paul Pattison provided an update from the November 13, 2014 SSC meeting regarding technology:
Testing Location. There will likely be one classroom if one can be found for the full time period designated for the testing and then the computer lab. Mr. Hochhaus offered to be creative with orchestra and allow for use of his classroom for one week of the testing period. Mr. Harelik suggested that if possible, it would be better for the students to go somewhere where the lab is already set up.
Testing Timing. Principal Parker advised that the testing window opens March 4, 2015. HPES advised LAUSD that it will commence testing Monday, April 13, 2015 and conclude testing May 15, 2015. According to Ms. Parker, this will give students the maximum amount of time to deal with testing, logistics and technology. Chair McDermott suggested that Mr. Paul have some volunteers to help set up the computers.
Winter Program. Principal Parker provided a sample schedule of the Winter Program and suggestions were made for modifications/clarifications. Because of the number of children, the Winter Program was separated into several days and various programs.
Questions. Vice-Chair Parker inquired as to whether anyone had any further questions regarding the Principal’s Report. Seeing none, the SSC moved to the next agenda item.
6) Native Plants Project. Member Mark Harelik gave the following report:
7) UTLA Update: Larry Tynan, Teacher and UTLA Representative reported the following:
If parents want to contact anyone at the District level, School Board, Steve Zimmer and any school board members.
8) Friends of Hancock Park. A representative of FOHP was not present. Chair McDermott announced that the walk-a-thon pledge forms would be distributed before winter break.
9) Call to the Public for Questions and Comments.
10) Adjournment. The meeting was adjourned at 4: 51 P.M.
Minutes respectfully submitted by Sue Zabloudil, Secretary.