School Site Council Meeting – Regular Meeting 2014-2015
Thursday, February 12, 2015
2:45 p.m. – Room 36
1) Call to Order: Cherie McDermott, Chairperson, called the regular meeting to order at 2:55 p.m.
3) Substitute Secretary. Mr. Harelik acted as a substitute secretary for taking minutes.
4) Approval of Minutes: The revised SSC meeting minutes from December 12, 2015 were received reviewed in advance by the SSC members. A motion to approve the minutes was made, seconded and unanimously approved.
5) Principal’s Report: Ashley Parker, Principal provided the following report:
6) After-School Programs. Principal Parker reported that she is in the process of reviewing the current after school program offerings and evaluating/searching for alternative programs. Principal Parker made a commitment that she would continue to review such programs to ensure that HPES programming is at a quality level. For example, another school colleague encouraged Principal Parker to review the STAR After School Program operating at another school. Possibly, ARC, Got Game and all after-school programs currently at HPES should understand that they are always under consideration and are not guaranteed a spot with HPES.
8) UTLA Update: Larry Tynan, Teacher and UTLA Representative reported the following:
9) Friends of Hancock Park Elementary School Report. No representative of Friends of Hancock Park Elementary School were in attendance, but Chair McDermott reported that:
Walk-A-Thon. The students’ walk-a-thon raised $27,000.
10) Call to the Public for Questions and Comments.
11) Adjournment. The meeting was adjourned at 4: 23 P.M.
Minutes respectfully submitted by Sue Zabloudil, Secretary, as supplemented by Mark Harelik.