School Site Council Meeting – Regular Meeting 2014-2015
Thursday, May 14, 2015
2:45 p.m. – Room 36
1) Call to Order: Cherie McDermott, Chair, called the regular meeting to order at 2:48 P.M.
3) Approval of Minutes: Rodriguez moved to approve the SSC meeting minutes from April 16, 2015, Mr. Blonde seconded and the minutes were approved unanimously by voice vote.
4) Principal’s report:
Mr. Rodriguez moved to approve the list of names. Ms. Glass seconded. Motion passed by unanimous voice vote.
5) UTLA Update: Larry Tynan, Teacher and UTLA Representative reported the following:
a) Tynan reported that the possible teachers’ strike was avoided. Highlights of the new contract:
b) Tynan also stated that the upcoming May 19th School Board election is important in three districts. In those districts, each new member will sit on the board for five and one half years instead of four because of the voter decision to move local elections to even years. The Charter association is outspending the Teacher’s union 3:1..
c) Questions: Tynan inquired as to whether anyone had any further questions regarding the ULTA Report. Seeing none, the SSC moved to the next agenda item.
6) Friends of Hancock Park Elementary School. In the previous meeting (see minutes of previous SSC meeting), School Site Council agreed to request funding from FOHP for targeted arts education and staff positions. FOHP approved funding for all requests.
7) Call to the Public for Questions and Comments. Chair McDermott inquired if there were any questions or public comments.
8) Final Meeting. This was the final scheduled meeting of 2014/2015. However, there may arise a need for a summer meeting right around back-to-school time. Should that need arise, the current SSC will be called for that meeting. Barring that necessity, Mrs. McDermott announced that this is her final meeting as president. She expressed her thanks, and those in attendance returned profuse thanks for her service. Mr. Rodriguez, whose daughter is culminating this year, also expressed thanks to the Council for the opportunity to serve our school.
9) Adjournment. The meeting was adjourned by Mrs. McDermott at 3:15 P.M.
Minutes respectfully submitted by Mark Harelik, acting recording secretary