FoHPS Board Minutes November 6, 2019
It was great to see such a large turn-out at today’s Board Meeting. For those of you who could not make it, the following is a brief summary:
- Breaking into committees. Danielle passed out and emailed a committee list yesterday of committees we created. Ideally, everyone will sign up for one or more committees.
- We are going to add a culmination committee so if any of you want to join that one please let us know.
- If you have a recommendation of a committee that we should add please let us know.
- Annual Giving Campaign Committee Update
- This year FoHPS has thus far raised approximately $280,000 and we should receive a $100,000 for the PLB match. FoHPS other fundraisers, banner sales, and grants have historically brought in an additional $35,000. FoHPS hopes to do even better and raise more. FoHPS will continue to sell Spirit Wear and we will sell yearbooks in the Spring.
- FoHPS is going to continue the AGC until Thanksgiving. We will be emailing and writing letters to families until then. We have seen a positive response to our efforts.
- A list of enrichment offered at HPS based on grade level is posted on the school web page and will be provided to HPS Families.
- The Fundraising Committee
- Taco Night! – Danielle is hosting. The money raised will be donated to the school. We are going to try and coordinate other fundraising events; some of them will include children.
- Nikki is looking into promoting Mable’s Labels.
- Nikki is going to speak with Ms. Parker re a Holiday Shoppe fundraiser
- FoHPS has sold some banners. Isack asked people to give him leads to contact to sell banners to. We also discussed selling less expensive banners or having a large banner with multiple sponsors.
- Andrew and Michelle are pursuing grants for our school. If you have pursued any grants in the past please let Andrew know.
- Community Relations Committee
- Family Tours – These are quite popular. More than 20 people signed up for the next tour. We will try and add more tours.
- Beautification Committee
- Jeff hopes to plan a beautification day in January.
- We also are going to explore painting the main building and getting some murals painted on our campus.