5th Grade Culmination 2019
Attention 5th grade parents!
Culmination is just months away! There are many special events leading up to the big day that allow our children to celebrate all the years that they have been at Hancock Park Elementary, all the special friends they have made, and all that they have learned! We need to raise money to make all these activities possible.
Here are some of the events planned provided that we raise enough funds to plan and implement these events:
- FIELD TRIP: Our special 5tgh grade field trip to LA harbor, including bus ride, boat tour, and a museum (Thursday, April 25th).
- SPECIAL EVENT: Are you smarter than a 5th grader? Parents vs. kids! Pizza and refreshments will be provided (Friday, May 3rd, 5pm – 6pm).
- PE PICNIC: A 5th grade potluck picnic, games and more fun at Pan Pacific Park (Friday, May 31st).
- 5TH GRADE GRADUATION PARTY: For the first time we are having a 5th grade party with a DJ, photo booth and refreshments in the Park La Brea activity center (Saturday, June 1st, exact time TBD, the space is reserved between 1pm and 6pm).
- GRADUATION DAY: A culmination ceremony celebrating our kids (Friday, June 7th at 8:30 am)!
- T-SHIRTS: A specially designed 5th grade t-shirt with all the graduating students’ and their teachers’ signatures to wear at the field trip, picnic and keep as a wonderful memory forever.
- TILE WALL: 5th graders will paint individual tiles to be installed on a school wall leaving a piece of them with Hancock Park Elementary forever!
- CLASS GIFT: Something to leave behind for our wonderful school.
We need all 5th grade parent financial contribution to make this possible. The overall cost of these events is approximately $7000. Friends of Hancock Park will contribute $1500 towards the culmination. Expenses include chair rental, printing culmination programs, field trip buses, park rental for the picnic, making and installing the tiles, T-shirts, supplies, food, beverages and much more. Please support your child’s graduation season by donating $100 (suggested donation). 100% of the money will be used for Culmination Activities. Together we can make this a time our kids will always remember!