What is the Walk-A-Thon for Hancock Park School?
This school-based event helps promote exercise and health, celebrates our PE program, and serves as a platform for an important school fundraiser for our outdoor campus improvements. Celebrating the 100th Day of School on Wednesday, February 6th, 2019, our students, faculty and staff will walk one mile on campus. It will be a day of healthy fun, music, and school spirit! Parents are welcome to join us:
General Grade Level Walk Schedule
- 8:15 – 8:45am: Kindergarten Walk
- 8:45 – 9:15am: 1st Grade Walk
- 10:30 – 11:00am: 2nd Grade Walk
- 11:00 – 11:30am: 3rd Grade Walk
- 11:30 – 12:00pm: 4th Grade Walk
- 1:00 – 1:30pm: 5th Grade Walk
How does the event raise money?
All students are encouraged to get sponsors. Rather than being sponsored on a per-lap basis, students are sponsored for participation. Our goal is $100 per student, but any amount collected will benefit our school! All donations are tax-deductible. Donations can be made in cash, by check (made out to Friends of Hancock Park School), or online by submitting the form below. Please return all donations online or to your classroom teacher by Monday, February 4th, 2019.
Why is it important for my child to participate?
Walk-A-Thon donations pay for programs and outdoor campus improvements that help make Hancock Park an amazing place to learn! This event provides an opportunity for our kids to take an active role in contributing to their school community, while also raising their awareness about healthy living, healthy eating, and the importance of physical fitness. Help us send the message that when we work together, we do make a difference!
What are the incentives for donation sponsored participation?
- All students who return $1 or more of Walk-A-Thon donations will earn a small prize!
- Students who reach the $100 goal will receive a commemorative t-shirt!
- All classes with 100% donation sponsored participation will receive a Popsicle Party!
- The student with the highest total donations will have a special lunch with Coach K, and get to bring a friend!